One evening for pleasure I rambled to view
The fair fields all alone
Down by the banks of Loch Eiron
Where beauty and pleasure were known.
I spied a fair maid at her labour
Which caused me to stay for a while
And I thought of a goddess to beauty
Bloomin' bright star of Bright Isle.
I humbled myself to her beauty
"Fair maiden, where do you belong ?
Are you from heaven descended
Abiding in Cupid's fair throne ?".
"Young man, I will tell you a secret
It's true I'm a maid that is poor
And to part from my vows and my promise
Is more than my heart can endure.
Therefore I remain at my service
And go through all my hardship and toil
And wait for the lad that has left me
All alone on the banks of Belle Isle".
"Young maiden I wish not to banter
It's true I come here in disguise
I came here to fulfill our last promise
And hope to give you a surprise.
I've known you're a maid I love dearly
And you've been in my heart all the while
For me there is no other damsel
Than my bloomin' bright star of Belle Isle".
Other songs by Bob Dylan
- Bob Dylan - Quit Your Low Down Ways - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Spanish Harlem Incident - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Temporary Like Achilles - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - He Was A Friend Of Mine - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Oxford Town - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Lo And Behold - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Let Me Die In My Footsteps - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Peggy Day - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Take A Message To Mary - 15.03.2013
- Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan's Dream - 15.03.2013
Welcome to Bob Dylan - Belle Isle The lyrics & musics in Mp3-Download-Lyrics.com are the property of their respective authors, artists, trademarks and labels. This site lists this resources for educational purposes only.